Employees are both the most important asset of a company and also the most important risk factor. Office employee monitoring software is meant to supply visibility when malicious or incompetent employee behaviour is suspected that would present a threat to the company.
Trying to collect proof of those issues manually is both time consuming and risky. If you tip the employee, they will cover the tracks, and you’ll never know what was done. By using office employee monitoring software, you remove the risk factor and ensure reliable evidence is gathered, albeit that evidence proves their innocence. What’s more, if innocence is proven, the employee will never know they were suspected.
Time is Money
When an employee is suspected of wrongdoings, the old saying “time is money” couldn’t be more accurate. When malicious actions or dangerous errors are occurring, the actions of one employee can have a detrimental impact on the company. The longer you wait without proof or action, the more severe it can turn.
- Not only can the employee incur costs for the company and tip of competitors to proprietary company information, but they might also cause data leaks and legal problems.
- Data leaks cause a substantial expense to businesses as they will incur fines from data protection policies, also as action from those whose info was leaked.
- On top of this, the reputational damage can cause losses and even be unrecoverable if severe enough.
So, if you think an employee is doing something they shouldn’t, don’t delay getting proof.
What can office employee monitoring software records?
Effective employee monitoring software must tackle the evidence gathering task from multiple angles. There are some ways an employee can damage an organization, then these should be all be included:
- Websites visited
- All online searches performed
- Any emails received or sent, including webmail (online email) activities
- Chat apps
- Instant messaging
- Keystrokes to record all inputs made and reinforce other data gathered
- Program usage and activity
- File movements, including saved documents and even printouts of files
- Network activity, including the other networks that were accessed
- Screenshots and full recordings of device activities
These all combine to make a case to prove the employee’s innocence or guilt. Trusting your employees is a good thing but protecting your business assets is wise management. Never ignore any threat and risk which can harm your business and your reputation. Use office employee monitoring software to keep an eye on your employees.